Charmed by +Jacey Holbrand
Genres: Sci-Fi, Futuristic, Menage (MFM), Erotic, Steampunk
Heat Level: 4
Word Count: 35, 400
Cover Artist: Sour Cherry Designs
Charm knows how to get what she wants, but when faced with opposition, she tends to make bad choices. After a plan to subdue a Rullix goes wrong, Charm forces her way into two Auraths’ lives. They have a ship after all and can help her escape Earth and the Rullix.
Step-brothers, Thorne and Wade, are discussing Earth and mates when Charm dives into their presence. Each man believes her to be the partner he’s been waiting for. The men allow her passage in their spaceship, but are shot down by the Rullix and crash in a canyon.
Charm finds them sanctuary, yet even in the middle of nowhere, she still gets into trouble. Thorne and Wade have to figure out how to travel to Aurath before Charm’s bad choices lead to their demise.
Be Warned: menage sex (MFM), anal sex
All popular e-book formats available at Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/charmed-by-jacey-holbrand/
All Romance: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-charmed-1732046-146.html
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/jacey-holbrand
“‘Zasta!’” Wade snapped, catching Thorne’s gaze.
Wade was right. He had to stop. Now wasn’t the place or time to start their connubial ritual. Thorne sat back and willed his libido to take a rest. There’d be a chance at lovemaking once they hied away from the crowds and restaurant.
Sexual urges repressed and mind clear, he comprehended the gravity of her situation and ground his teeth together. His heartbeat quickened and pounded through his temples. Thorne wanted to throttle each and every Rullix. How dare they think they were entitled to any Earth females for their sadistic pleasures?
“Tell us, Charm,” Thorne began, keeping his voice as steady as possible through his rising anger. “How did it come about that you have a Rullix chasing after you?”
She stood, licked her fingers, then picked up a napkin and wiped her mouth. “It’s a bit of a story. I’d rather not start it here on the off-chance our friend comes back. Perhaps if we go somewhere el—”
“Thorne, it is time,” Wade cut her off and didn’t appear the least bit apologetic for it. “Our ship should be ready.”
“Ship? You guys have transportation? That’s great. You can take me anywhere I want to go. Oh, thank God. The authorities instituted a lockdown on the city. The tent people can no longer leave. I’ve been used to traveling around the States. I hate being stuck in this—”
“Madam! Cease with your jabbering.” Wade jumped to his feet and towered over Charm by a good foot, and she happened to be taller than most Earth women. He glared at her then set his gaze on Thorne. “Thorne, please tell me I am imagining my feelings for her. Tell me she is not the one for me,” he pleaded in Aurath.
BOOK IN THE SERIES
The year is 2112, and the world has changed…
Jake Landry is interested in having some fun. He’s in Las Vegas, newly single and just off his most recent tour of duty. In Vegas he has met up with his old friend Nicola Goodheart, a scientist and inventor who studies portals, other worlds, and strange beings. Jake has also met and become enamored with Alexander, a gorgeous man with violet eyes. Jake goes with Nic on a portal finding mission, and they all end up in Alexander’s alien world.
Recruiter Alexander Bloodworth is interested in Jake for himself and in Nicola for placement in a pleasure house on his home planet of Aurath. When he hears word one of his people’s enemies are after Nicola and Jake, he goes to save them both, even at the peril of losing his job.
Will they risk their hopes and dreams—Alexander and Jake for a chance at love and Nicola for her career—or will they falter and lose everything anyway?
Be Warned: m/m sex
Buy The Gathering
Evernight Publishing – http://www.evernightpublishing.com/the-gathering-by-jacey-holbrand/
Kindle – http://www.amazon.com/Gathering-Glorious-Guild-Lady-Windsurfer-ebook/dp/B00O85L9HQ
& popular e-book formats at:
BookStrand – http://www.bookstrand.com/the-gathering-mm
ARe – https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thegathering-1644412-145.html
Because Charmed takes place in a futuristic Las Vegas, NV setting, I wanted to share some interesting factoids about the area.
1946: The Pink Flamingo opens, built by notorious mobster Bugsy Siegel. It is the first luxury hotel on the Strip, It would become The Fabulous Flamingo in 1947, The Flamingo Hilton in 1974, and Flamingo Las Vegas in 1999.1
- Nevada State Route 375 is also known as Extraterrestrial Highway. The highway was given the name in 1996. 2
- Along the Extraterrestrial Highway you’ll find the Black Mailbox (though now it’s actually white). It’s a locked box that’s protected by a quarter-inch-thick bulletproof metal, located along Tikaboo Valley off a dirt road (which leads to the restricted Area 51). Allegedly, there are between two to three UFO sightings here a week!3
- If you get hungry or need a place to sleep for the night, pull over to the Little A’le’inn, a bar, restaurant and motel. Here you can order the “Alien burger” and learn about Area 51. 3
- Lake Mead – The massive body of water was created in 1936 after the construction of the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. 4
- Lake Mead hasn’t been officially full—1,221 feet above sea level—since 1983.4
- In 2014, thanks to a wetland rehabilitation project in Mexico, the Colorado briefly reached the Sea of Cortez again for the first time since the El Niño floods of 1998. Before humans started tampering with building massive dams on the Colorado, it did so every year. 4
- A decade ago, Lake Mead was home to nine boat launch ramps and six marinas. Six ramps and three marinas remain open today.5
- People used to come to Las Vegas to watch the nuclear testing that happened outside of the city limits. The National Atomic Testing Museum is in Las Vegas.6Although most people are completely unaware of its existence, the UFO-Nukes Connection is now remarkably well-documented. U.S. Air Force, FBI, and CIA files declassified via the Freedom of Information Act establish a convincing, ongoing pattern of UFO activity at American nuclear weapons sites extending back to December 1948.7
Jacey Holbrand believes love comes in all forms and should be celebrated. She’s committed to her muse and writing so she can share those kinds of stories with readers.
‘Hot days. Sexy nights. Come play in her world.’
Jacey loves to hear from readers! eMail her: JaceyHolbrand@gmail.com
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Website – http://jaceyholbrand.wordpress.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/JaceyHolbrand
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/JaceyHolbrand/
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/Jacey_Holbrand