10 Random Facts – Get to Know Thelonius Legend
- I’m the 2nd oldest of five kids.
- I once held a meet record for the bench-press and dead-lift total. (If I tell you my totals I have to kill you.)
- I come from a working class family (OK we was po, not poor, but po!) and I was the first one to go to college.
- A girl once broke up with me because she said I read too much. (She tried to friend me on Facebook a few years back and she was, say it with me… DENIED!)
- I once sparred with ex-world champion William Joppy (have never had less fun in the boxing ring). Sometimes when I close my eyes I can still see the punches coming.
- Mild mannered IT consultant by day and did some work for a small organization called the IRS. One of my most famous or rather infamous applications while there was the Where’s My Refund link. (Don’t act like you don’t know what that is!)
- One of my pet peeves is reading terribly choreographed fight scenes. Fight scenes that make absolutely no sense logistically or stylistically. Drives me crazy.
- I can smoke ribs like no-ones business. No, I’m serious–I am really good at making ribs.
- When I was in college me and my buddies would have a big home cooked meal every Sunday and then each of us would take 100 pennies to the $1 movies show. The movie people hated but what can you do–it’s legal tender.
- The first book I remember reading and still love is the Purple Crayon.
This was going to be a special year for the Parker sisters. Eve was going to dominate in the classroom and on the basketball court.
Gwen was going to make the starting five and go down in history as the greatest prankster ever. Ana was going to do as little as possible.
But without warning, all three sisters gain extraordinary abilities that defy science… powers that come with a cost. Now all they want to do is make it through the school year without drawing any undue attention, while racing to find a cure before the side effects of their new abilities kill them. Eve’s temperament, Gwen’s fondness for pranks, and Ana’s predilection for money, however, are challenges they must overcome to achieve their goals. Because if they can’t, they’re dead…
Amazon: Purchase Link
Barnes & Noble: Purchase Link
Goodreads: Connect about it on Goodreads!
Book Depository: Pick up internationally!
IT Professional by day, but by night I use my pen and pad as a canvas to explore questions of race, identity, privilege and class in a science fiction setting. Eclectic reader with a fondness for the classics and first generation Hip Hop snob. Don’t start none won’t be none! Philadelphia Eagles football fanatic and I also enjoy MMA from the safety of my couch. On the weekends you can find me wine drinking, rock climbing, fishing, or being an unpaid chauffeur to my daughters’ activities. Also I’m a snark purveyor and been making with the funny since it was called the ‘Dozens’. Get at me!
Connect with Thelonius Legend
Website: Official Blog
Facebook: Sins of The Father Page
Goodreads: Author Profile