Next Wednesday I will be in Matera for the annual Women’s Fiction Festival and I can’t wait to be there. I desperately need a dose of Italy, creativity and the company of other writers. I feel like I am stuck in a writing slump, most likely caused by still grieving my dearly departed grandfather, too much going on at work and the evil autumn darkness descending upon Sweden. I just thank my lucky stars that I don’t live in northern Sweden, where by December there will be 24 hours of darkness. At least here in Stockholm we still get a reasonable amount of light–as long as the cloud cover isn’t too thick.
I’ve been checking out the program for this year’s festival and I’ve found some interesting sessions to participate in:
- Christine Witthohn‘s class on pitching to agents ( a must! I am not very good at that yet…)
- Sophie King‘s creative writing workshop (could be the creative boost I need!)
- Brainstorming session with Sophie King (another possible boost for creativity, yay!)
- Digital publishing (very interested in this, need some advice on proceeding with this)
- Using Social Media to brand yourself (always good to know…)