Now that it’s 2011, I think it’s time for me to compile a new reading list.
I still haven’t finished reading everything on 2010’s reading list but that doesn’t bother me. I figure I can never have too many books. Plus, if I read *everything* on my list, then I have nothing new to discover…at least, that’s the story I’m going with and I think it sounds good.
So what am I interested in for Winter/Spring 2011? What titles will I be Good that you ask!
Here’s what I’m thinking of reading this year:
- Elizabeth I: A Novel by Margaret George (I am a sucker for historical novels)
- Incendiary: A Novel by Chris Cleave
- A Mercy by Toni Morrison
- Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
- The Hitler of History by John Lukacs (Dr. Lukacs was my history professor in college and his books are always fascinating)
- Philadelphia Fire by John Edgar Wideman (A must-read for anyone who grew up in Philadelphia during the 1970s and 1980s)
- Eyewitness Travel: Italy by Adele Evans (always good when planning my summer holiday)
- Faking It by Elisa Lorello
- Bitch is the New Black by Helena Andrews
That’s it for now but I am sure I’ll be adding more entries to this list soon. Consider it a work in progress. And…if any of my favorite writers happen to publish something new this year then–of course–their books will immediately be added to the top of the list…