I am so excited! I was nominated for the Kreative Blogger Award by a fellow blogger, Kimberly Sullivan at kimberlysullivan.wordpress.com. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you should. Like me, she writes about reading, writing and traveling. We also share a love of Italy. Thanks, Kimberly! I really appreciate that you nominated me and that you enjoy following my escapades in self-publishing and reading.
So now according to the rules, I must thank the person who nominated me, tell you 7 things about me that you might find interesting and then nominate 7 other bloggers and provide links (and inform them of their nomination). I already thanks Kim, so now I’ll tell you some stuff about me…
Seven things about me
- I know how to ask “How much does your mother cost?” in Mandarin Chinese. I can also say “My house is in Manchuria”. Always useful!
- When I was a kid I wanted to marry either Bobby Clarke of the Philadelphia Flyers or Michael Jackson (pre-plastic surgery fiascos).
- I have a dream of owning a house somewhere in Italy. I could seriously imagine spending long periods of time in Umbria or Le Marche. Maybe one day.
- I love Enki Bilal’s graphic novels.
- I am an extroverted introvert, which sometimes drives people crazy. I can be extremely social but then I go into my cocoon and I don’t want to come out.
- I love Battlestar Galactica. Not the original series from 1978 but the new series from 2004-2009 that aired on SciFi (now stupidly renamed SyFy).
- Before I fell in love with writing, I wanted to work with fashion illustration or graphic design.
Seven blogs I’d like to nominate
- LouLou Loves — I love LouLou’s sense of humor. She writes about parenthood, traveling and life in general and she does it with flair!
- Ashley Barron — Ashley talks about writing and publishing in a way that is informative and entertaining.
- Chick Lit Is Not Dead — Liz & Lisa have fantastic book reviews, author interviews, etc all about chick lit and women’s fiction.
- Sister Scribbler — Chicki keeps us up-to-date on her adventures as an indie writer.
- Dream Life of Mine — fellow Matera brainstormer, chef and writer Ingrid Christensen writes about her adventures in restoring a villa in Abruzzo, Italy. Chock full of advice and great cultural info for Italophiles.
- Bokhora — Jessica, Johanna K., Johanna L. and Johanna Ö. have the best Swedish book blog. Their reviews are great and their writing style appealing.
- 2 Girls on a Bench — Siana and Tricia have one of the funniest blogs about a little of everything–writing, traveling, food, you name it.
So happy I was nominated and so happy for all the great people I’ve met via blogging. Love that we have all become connected!